zimmerzblogz

Friday, April 14, 2006


I Just Can't Stop Thinking About It!

I know ya'll probably think that I think about the Bible or spiritual stuff all the time, however being that this is Good Friday I guess my mind is just bent to the fact today of God's covenant nature towards His people in the Old and New Testament. I just cannot get it off my mind how good God was to Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David, and Moses especially even though he only got to see into the Promised Land. Then, my mind wonders to the NEW Covenenant in Christ and WOW it's like it all just make sense - God's loves me, He loves people. He loves us so much He poured and continues to pour out His love our way even when we were still lost and rebellious against Him.

Well, I just can't stop thinking of His great love. He is truly the only God full of mercy and grace.

In other news, this Lenten season I've picked up on a cool radio station that I have often visited but am visiting more and more in these days because of great music and preaching. If you can listen to Gospel 1590 AM Kansas City in the mornings and afternoons you should. I like the preaching in the afternoon drive home because it recenters my heart on the Lord and because the black homiletic is more to my liking than the Europeon homiletic I mostly hear. That's right you heard me!

My friend Jeff Edmondson wrote recently a very good article in his blog about story homiletic
and how preachers should get off the preaching path of point sermons and focus on story and narrative. Gospel 1590 helps me hear narrative and participatory preaching that in my white world really does not happen. I think more white preachers should preach less structurally and more narritively and see what freedom they can truly find in the pulpit as they give it a shot. Any way Jeff had a good point.

Well, I'm off tonight to my friend Dan's church for Good Friday service. My buds from the House are helping with worship. It should be a great time of reflection and being with the Body.

He is near! Dt. 30:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home