zimmerzblogz

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Psalm 51

It's Psalm 51 that I wrestle with this morning. Not so much in the same way David did, but in a way that all the world seems to be tugging at me and my affections and my single focus then becomes many and purity and cleansing become muddied in the stuff of life. Yet, it is the will of the enemy that this happen. He knows Matthew 5:8 is God's absolute and final word that all those who are pure in heart will see God.

Psalm 51 simply speaks of the grace we all stand in need of. We need God's mercy, His cleansing, His purging, His power to blot out sin and iniquity. We need Him to create in us a new an clean heart daily, sweep away the filth of this world and its affections and plant within an increased awareness of himself. Purging with hyssop was the ceremony while the washing of snow was the sacred act. I desire more than ceremony and superficialities, I desire on my knees O Lord this one thing - do not take your Holy Spirit from me, nor cast me away from your presence, but renew this day a steadfast spirit within me. A spirit that is not alays so inclined to steadfastness and singleness of mind and heart.

No guilt trips here, just a reminder that we daily can and need God's cleansing in this world we currently reside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home