zimmerzblogz

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ther'e just no way to get around these words. Providing you believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God born of the virgin Mary and suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and raised from the dead on the third day - there's just no getting around these words.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you should love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 13:34-35.

In a world bent on hate, where guys just walk around with bombs strapped to them in hopes of Allah's eternal reward, and in a world where sticks and stones may not break bones but name calling really hurts, in a world where some come to Sunday worship and sing "it's all about You Jesus" but inside it's really all about them, these words from Jesus really press in on a person.

I've been in church all my life. I've been to church houses where this great love of God was truly manifested and the commandment in John's gospel lived out in tender reality. Then I've been among some of God's people who, although they think they know and show this love, man o man, I have a hard time seeing it. You may say that's judging, and perhaps it is, but if we are to be known by the love we have for one another and do not change the pattern of "it's all about me" in our houses of worship and in our hearts, then let the judging begin within.

The Deep Prayer
So, Lord, help us embrace your love, love ourselves for who you've made us to be, and help us to reflect this genuine love to others so that a critical, cynical, hateful, and doubtful world may see You. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home