zimmerzblogz

Sunday, September 25, 2005


I'm on a classic TV show kick this weekend. I mean it doesn't get any better than Mr. Kotter, Horseshack, Vinney Boberino, Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington, and the ultimate Juan Epstein - "a note from my mudda (mother) Mr. Kotter."

This guy was the model teacher in a tough situation. He made learning about academics fun but he was tough. His class "had his back" at all times because he earned their trust. Plus this show was just downright hilarious - vintage Travolta!

Stay tuned for more classic TV shows. Yeah, I could choose to blog about the heavy stuff like Hurrican Rita and Katrina, I'm sure I will comment eventually, but bloggin on stuff that isn't so heavy is fun too.

Shifting gears - our Adult Bible Study Fellowship had like 30 people there today. Man God is really blessing our class and today was so cool because we are learning about the Spirit of Christ as our Guide. In John 14:18 Jesus states that he "would not leave us like orphans, but would come to us and help us." How many of us just try to live this life in our own strength and behave LIKE orphans. No, He comes to us and never leaves us. I've been in some tough life storms and I can attest to His never failing presence, even when I FEEL He's a zillion miles away.

Hey that's something to be happy about and the memory of "The Sweathogs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home