zimmerzblogz

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I find myself a mid thirty-something, former track athelete, now dad, trying to get back in shape again. Cholesterol is high! Weights a bit high. So, working hard at exercising more and watching the sweets. Can anyone relate?

Well, I have a most awesome wife who's keeping me on task and helping me with nutrition. She bought me a pretty sweet mountain bike for my birthday in August so I can save my knees from the pavement! Plus I can ride with my family who is also big into bike riding.

Last great book I read was by Brian McLaren. This narrative theology and emergent methodology is really me. It's good to be able to finally connect with something of faith not entrenched in programs and the latest thing. And no, I don't think emergent is the latest thing, rather, a reawakeing to the roots of CHristian faith.

3 Comments:

  • You mountain-bikin' blogger. Sounds like you have a family who understands a guy's need for outdoors action. That's great that you all go biking together.

    What's the name of the McLaren book?

    By Blogger Brandon from Kansas City, at 9:58 AM, September 22, 2005  

  • The name of the book is A New Kind of Christian. You gotta get it!

    By Blogger zimmerzblogz, at 11:10 AM, September 22, 2005  

  • Can I ever relate!

    Welcome to the Blogosphere. Okay, at this point, I want to say something funny like "Resistance was futile. You have been assimilated." or "Welcome to the dark side." But they don't seem funny.

    Are you on The Quest?
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home