zimmerzblogz

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Zip it! And Live it!

One aspect of Christian living I am finding a deeper appreciation for in these days are the people who intersect my life who have simply chosen to zip and live it! You can call them authentic disciples, emergent, the real deal, whatever...the point is that as my life intersects these lives I am more prone in my own life to just zip it and live it! Now I know there are two things that need clarification here. One thing is the definition of "it." When I mean "it" I mean the life of Christian faith that authentically mirrors that of Jesus. A life of humility and power, a life of love and hope, a life of healing and friendship, a life of sacrifice and grace. These attributes are those most notable and identifiable to people in this world as the core tenants of who Jesus was and is. That's what I mean by "it." Not playing Christian games and calling people ungodly Christian names.

The second thing I've come to enjoy about the fresh movement of Christian faith - emergent - is that these folks are the real zip it and live it crowd. It's not so much that talking cool about Christianity is the thing to do, I think just living authentic Christianity is the thing in this crowd. And so, I'm all for emergent Christian faith if it means that by example I am shown that it's just about time we Christians just zip it and live it! That's all I gotta say.

Walk with me...

1 Comments:

  • Wasn't it Francis of Assisi who said "Preach the gospel at all times; if necessary, use words."?

    Thanks for the reminder Matt, I love your paraphrase, "Zip it and Live it"!

    Peace.

    By Blogger J.R., at 8:39 PM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home