zimmerzblogz

Monday, July 03, 2006

People do things...

A prof. in my masters classes once told us that people do things that make sense to them. Well people do ride motorcycles without helmets in the streets of Pittsburgh, people do take better care of pets than kids, people do max out credit cards and people do and say things in the church that are justified with what ever biblical content they choose. People do things that make sense to them and so this unwritten law of human nature has taken its course in my life this summer causing a brief amount of hardship. However, whether it's the odd ball decisions of others that effect me or my own briefly uncalculated actions I am so glad that even through actions that seem to make sense to us that we can go to Jesus and it is His ultimate supply of help and grace that keeps us steady and focused...even when dealing with the pain of the decisions of others whose actions make sense to them but cause great trial for you. I wish I could expound in detail, but after all this is the internet highway and once posted my words stand forever to be read by someone of whom I probably could offend.

Moral of the story, if a life decision or a small split second decision makes sense to you, you might consider thinking about the community at-large around you and how your choices might effect them. This would be good advice for all concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home