zimmerzblogz

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Good Reads

I'm towards the end of The Story We Find Ourselves In by Brian McLAren. I've got about two more chapters. I won't pull any punches. I like this book. I like the 'otherness' of Neo, the questioning of Kerry, the theological sunrise in Carol and the sense of discovery in Dan. I had lunch today with a guy today who's name is Dan. He pastors a pretty wonderful church in Lees Summit, Missouri. Dan is the kind of guy you feel like you've known all your life. His life is one marked by choices in "the world" and now choices as a pastor. I'm so glad he is a follower of Jesus and for HOW he points other to Jesus.

Another good read is Pat Lencioni's The Four Obsessions of An Extraordinary Executive. I really liked that one too.

I like to hear my daughter read from the Gospel of Matthew in these days during our family devotions. yeah, you heard it - family devotions. She's been reading through Matthew 8,9,10 these last couple of nights. I'm so glad she likes the Bible.

Well gotta split. By the way Pat Robertson is dead wrong on his Sharon remarks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home