zimmerzblogz

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Good Times with Family

It's been somewhat of a challenge for me when I take a few days of vacation to truly put the deadlines and "things-to-do at work" list on the back burner. However, the Lord has been good in that I have a career that now allows me to do just that with some ease. So, I guess what I'm driving at is that it has been good to be with family and give THEM and the Lord my devoted attention. Along with good visits with family I battled my daughter and brother-in-law in that time tested game of Twister. I've also managed to come in second place in Train Wreck Dominos - I know you are impressed, and generally haul in a couple loads of back laundry, begin to paint my daughters room and other odd jobs. In fact, I just orderd a new heating element for my dryer (of which I've had twelve years). I'm trying to ward off a new laundry unit for a couple months if possible.

All that I'm sure sounds less romantic than say...going to NYC or Orlando or something. Yet, I find that in doing the mundane and just being with my family that I am perfectly satisfied. I'm sure Tony Dungy would give anything to be with his son James doing something boring like playing Dominos. So, I've relished these slower days and tried to practice the art and discipline of simply hangin' out with family. Good thing I love 'em so much and they love me!

By the way, I'm almost finished with Blue Like Jazz. Such a fun and really thought provoking book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home